Sustainable Develop Goals (SDG) and Work

Most of the work that Humanitarian and Development practitioners do revolves around the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) of 2030, which were previously referred to as Millennial Development Goals till 2015. How well do you know the SDGs? What SDG does your work revolve around? We would like to hear from you and know more about your work.

9 Likes

Hi, am very interested this topic SDG to know more about

3 Likes

The SDS’s most priorities include zero hunger , But here in Africa droughts, war’s and floods have became daily action and no much improvements so far.

2 Likes

Through this platform you will get to learn more about the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), more updates on the same will be provided from the Humanitarian Global Institute. Also look out for other conversations by different professionals from all over the world around the same topic. We hope that this platform will help you gather the right information and networks.

2 Likes

Dear Liban,
We would like to know more about your work around SDG 2 Zero. A lot of efforts are being put by different humanitarian and development professionals around the same. Africa is still work in progress, we are on a journey to attain sustainable development and in order to succeed in achieving the SDGs we all have a critical role to play as Development and Humanitarian practitioners.

2 Likes

One of our main focuses at Humanitarian Global Institute is ensuring that our courses are aimed at equipping development and humanitarian practitioners with the right skills and information to help the World attain the SDGs 2030.

2 Likes

Yes, and we focus on tackling a couple of these Goals through our training programmes. Some of the areas we cover include:

• Monitoring,Evaluation,Accountability and Learning (MEAL)
  • Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH)
  • Disaster and Risk Reduction and Management
  • Food Security & Nutrition in emergencies
  • Supply Chain and Procurement Management
  • Human Nutrition and Dietetics
  • Maternal and Infant Young Child Nutrition

We look forward to partnering with you as we steer the world towards the attainment of the SDGs by 2030.

6 Likes

Thanks Marl ofcourse WARO is non governmental organization based in Somalia knowing the current humanitarian situation in and droughts effects there are no more Likely zero hunger efforts in the region due to the distruction of the country but for future expectations are high and WARO Mission include eredication of poverty in the region and reaching sustainable development goals.

Thanks

2 Likes

Dear Liban, your work is very much needed and thank you for sharing with us some of your organisation’s work on poverty eradication. Did you know that there are different information sharing and networking platforms at Humanitarian Global that you can use to your advantage, to find other people in your country that you can collaborate with and exchange ideas? Some of our free webinars and articles contain very valuable information as well. We hope that you will benefit from the conversations on this platform. Through collective effort, we might just come closer to attaining the SDGs.

2 Likes

@Marl254 Well-put. Through the Humanitarian Global platform, you will be able to interact with other humanitarians and development professionals as we learn from each other and exchange ideas.

1 Like

Hi,

I am a freelance consultant working in development program and projects. I am familiar with SDGs, however, some are not much connected to my routines. SDG 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, are the most I am working with and dealing. I also involve in Environmental issue, Climate Change and Resilience.
Off-course, SDGs are so vase and have 17 Goals, 169 targets and 210+ indicators. In our catchment SDGs are not well publicized. Popularization of the SDGs is critical as far commit the country’s global obligation. Thus, we are also working with and so need some capacity development supports on SDGs.

2 Likes

The United Nations adopted the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in 2015 as a worldwide call to action to eradicate poverty, protect the environment, and ensure that by 2030, all people enjoy peace and prosperity. There are 17 SDGs in all, all of which are interconnected, recognizing that actions in one area have an impact on outcomes in others and that development must balance social, economic, and environmental sustainability.

My work is crucial to SDGs 1, 4, and 11. As an educator, I strive to ensure that I teach my students the skills they need to be competitive in the labor market, which leads to poverty reduction, which is the primary goal of SDG 1.

As an agricultural economist, I volunteer with non-governmental organizations (NGOs) such as YEBO AFRICA, which works with farmers and farmer groups to ensure consistent agricultural production in the face of global climate change. Through these partnerships, we ensure the achievement of both SDGs 1 and 11.

3 Likes

Dear Beyene,
We are happy to hear from you and your work is very much needed, I believe it aligns with environmental conservation and climate change effects mitigation. We all need the world and the environment is a significant component of the world. It’s the environment that feeds us, we live here as well. It is through sustainable conservation solutions that we will be able to attain sustainability.

2 Likes

Dear Gaya,
We appreciate hearing from you and the great work you are doing to help attain the SDGs. As an educator, I believe you play a very critical role in sustainability. Impacting the knowledge and skills of your students will make a difference even in years to come. Poverty is a limiting factor to so many people’s potential in becoming the best versions of themselves to attain change.

1 Like

Sure! Poverty will be eradicated upon realization of SDGs, the SDGs will only be realized if we all countries embrace the “Ubuntu spirit”, I am because we are, we are because I am.

3 Likes

I have benefited from all this course. Really I am greatfull, I have learned alot. From Agrih Dauda. Nigeria

2 Likes

Sustainable development indicators are wide and achievable. If only we will network together and scale up our social Humanitarian responsibilities.

3 Likes

Sustainable development indicators are wide and achievable. If only we will network together and scale up our social Humanitarian responsibilities.

2 Likes

@Gaya This is well said. The SDGs cover many aspects and they are complimenting as well. For example, to eradicate poverty, education is key. Quality education cannot take without food, good health, sanitation and so on. Hence, having that spirit of togetherness and ensuring that human dignity is upheld at the core of all of our actions (Ubuntu spirit) will help in accelerating the attainment of the SDGs. What is your input here @Marl254 @Agrihdave @Osman22 @Liban @BeyeneGizaw

3 Likes

Welcome @Agrihdave and thank you for the kind feedback. We are happy to hear that through the HG platform you have been able to learn a lot and we are always committed to ensuring that we can keep you informed. We believe through quality training with an aim of building our capacity is essential in our roles and steering the world towards the attainment of the SDGs. Let’s keep it Humanitarian Global (HG) and always feel free to share information as you also get to learn from others.

1 Like